Who are we and what do we do?
UK Leadtech Limited operates in the consumer credit industry and operates many brands, some as a lender and some as an authorised broker. This website and the application form therein are promoting our services as a credit broker and not our services as a lender.
UK Leadtech Limited is registered with the Information Commissioners Office under the Data Protection Act 1998 – Registration Number Z3523198 .
In our role as a credit broker, when you apply for a loan, we will electronically pass your details to one or more of the lender or brokers that we have an agreement with. These will evaluate the information you have provided, along with information they source from third parties about you, and decided whether they may be able to help. If they feel that they would like to review your application further, we will pass you over to their website to continue the process. We do not charge you for this service, but we will receive a commission from the lender or broker who you are transferred to. This commission is variable in amount.
Your application is being processed by UK Leadtech Limited. We believe it is important to protect your Personal and Non-Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect Personal Data about you. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your Personal Data, and tells you certain things we will do and not do. You should read this policy in conjunction with the Website Terms & Conditions.
When we first obtain Personal Data from you, or when you take a new service or product from us, we will give you the opportunity to tell us if you do or do not want to receive information from us or carefully selected third parties about other services or products (as applicable). You can normally do this by ticking a box on an application form. You may change your mind at any time by emailing us.
We may collect personal data from you from a number of sources, including the following:
- From you when you complete our online application form, in which case this may include your contact details, date of birth, your income and expenditure details and your bank details.
- From 3rd parties who pass you details to us as part of an agreement we have with them.
- From you if you make contact with us and provide us with additional personal details or information about you.
- From information supplied to other brands operated by our Company
- From documents that are made available to the public such as electoral role or county court judgements.
- From lenders or other credit brokers who we ask to consider your application.
- From Credit Reference Agencies and Credit Brokers, Fraud Prevention Agencies or other 3rd party data sources that we subscribe to.
Using Your Personal Information
Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
- To share your information with selected companies who can assist you if you are in severe difficulty with debt such as insolvency practitioners and bankruptcy specialists. In particular The Consultancy People Limited, CreditFix, Debt Consultancy Services Limited and Debt Free Associates Limited (www.debtfreeassociates.co.uk)
- To pass on to the lenders and other brokers in order to try to match you to the credit you are seeking. When we do this many of the lenders and brokers will search the records of one or more Credit Reference Agencies and Credit Brokers (CRA) or Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPA) as part of their decision making process. When they do this it will leave a ‘footprint’ on your credit file which other companies will be able to see. For more details, please see our ‘Credit Reference Agencies and Credit Brokers (CRA) and Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPA) – A concise guide’ later in this document. We cannot find you a loan without this, so submitting the application you give your explicit consent to this.
- To help identify you when you call or write to us.
- To contact you about any services or products we have provided.
- To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
- To help us to identify accounts, services and/or products which may be of interest to you from us or selected partners. We may do this by automatic means using a scoring system, which uses the Personal Data you have provided and/or any information we hold about you and Personal Data from third party agencies (including Credit Reference Agencies and Credit Brokers).
- To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, fax, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do so.
- To share your information with third parties whose products or services may be of interest where you have agreed to this. These third parties may also wish to contact you using the information that we have shared with them using the same means of contact stated above. If you tell us that you wish to opt out of receiving such communications from third parties we will, from that point, not share your details. If you received communications from 3rd parties that we shared your details with BEFORE you opted out, you should contact them directly and follow their opt-out procedure.
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
- We may perform a credit search with one or more Credit Reference Agency. When we do this it will leave a ‘footprint’ on your credit file which other companies will be able to see. For more details, please see our ‘Credit Reference Agencies and Credit Brokers (CRA) and Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPA) – A concise guide’ later in this document.
- We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
- We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
We have strict security measures to protect Personal Data.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
Where we act only as a credit broker, we do not collect, store or transmit any debit or credit card numbers.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
How long do we keep your information for?
The amount of time we hold your information depends on the basis it was provided by you to us, please see the following examples:
- If you request that we do not contact you for advertising and marketing reasons, then we still may need to keep your information as this would reflect your preferences.
- Information is also kept relating to any transactions you may enter via our website, this information will be kept for a minimum of 6 years which will commence at the end of the relationship. We are required to do so to ensure that if any disputes or complaints are raised then we have your information to enable us to address the complaints or disputes. Your information will be kept however purely for business needs.
- In order to provide you with a service we will be required to keep your information whilst we continue to provide you with a service for however long this may take us.
- Another reason for us to keep information about you is for legitimate business needs where relevant so we can comply with what the law states.
Credit Reference Agencies and Credit Brokers (CRA) and Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPA) – A concise guide.
We, (including the other brands we own) and the lenders and brokers we ask to consider your application, may carry out credit and fraud prevention checks with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We and they may keep a record of the search. Information held about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address or with whom you are financially linked. These records may also be taken into account in credit and fraud prevention checks. Information from your application and payment details of any loans made will be recorded with one or more of these agencies and may be shared with other organisations to help make credit and insurance decisions about you and members of your household with whom you are financially linked and for debt collection and fraud prevention. This includes those who have moved house and who have missed payments. If you provide false or inaccurate information and fraud is suspected, it will be recorded and may be shared with other people and organisations. We, and other credit organisations, may also use technology to detect and prevent fraud.
When a credit check is performed a footprint will appear on your credit file, this can be seen by other lenders and financial organisations. CRA’s provide shared credit information, fraud prevention information, public information including the electoral register.
Where you are financially linked to another person, their data may also be provided by the CRA’s and FPA’s and a footprint left on their file too. You, or they, can apply to the CRA’s to have this financial link removed.
You can obtain from the CRA details of the information they hold on you. Some may make a small charge for this, up to a statutory maximum. Contact details for the 3 main UK CRA’s are:
- CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414
- Equifax Ltd, Customer Service Centre, PO Box 10036, Leicester, LE3 4FS or call 0800 014 2955 or 0333 321 4043 or log on to www.equifax.co.uk
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk
- (Calls to 0800 numbers are free from UK landlines and since July 2015 free from UK mobiles, calls to 0333 numbers from landlines and mobiles are normally included in bundled call packages, otherwise calls cost 9.58p per minute and 15.97p connection fee from a BT landline. Other networks and mobiles may vary.)
If you communicate with us using the internet, we may occasionally email you about our services and products. When you first give us Personal Data through the Website, we will normally give you the opportunity to say whether you would prefer us not to contact you by email. You can also always send us an email.
Please remember that communications over the internet, such as emails and webmail’s (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered - this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer. These are called 'cookies'.
These cookies cannot be used to identify you personally and are used to improve services for you. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website.
Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, for example remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
We use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use our website and to help us ensure it is tailored to our customers' needs and interests. These cookies only collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of website visitors and the pages visited. No personal information is collected or stored by UK Leadtech Limited. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
A number of websites provide detailed information on cookies, including AboutCookies.org and AllAboutCookies.org.
If you have any queries about these, or would like more information, please contact us at 86 Old Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE or email us.
The Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer Personal Data to these advertisers or third-party websites.
We exclude all liability for loss that you may incur when using these third party websites.
If you would like access to the Personal Data that we hold about you, you can do this by emailing us or writing to us at the address noted above. There may be a nominal charge of £10 to cover administrative costs.
We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly. Please email us or write to us at the address above to update your Personal Data.BACK TO TOP